Tuesday, July 27, 2010

27.07.10 Tuesday Night Diner - 'Found'

Usually, I'm in the business of finding great music for you to listen to on the Tuesday Night Diner. But guess what? Some really great music found ME this week, and I'm thrilled to present it to you.

Amanda Abizaid is a singer/songwriter based in Los Angeles, and has seen much success with her songs being placed in various television shows, such as The 4400, Smallville, and Charmed. She's got a wonderful singing voice, and her music has been described as something like “Dido meets Beck”.

She just completed an elegant, classy album called This Life, slated for release on September 15th. But her people got in touch with my people, and rushed a copy to me here in Northern California! Okay, Amanda's got “people”. I'm not big enough to have “people”--so I'm playing the role of my “people”! Full disclosure aside, I'll be spinning a track from This Life on this week's show.


As regular listeners know by now, Maxi Dunn's one of my favorite artists. I've known her for a little over a year, and in that time, she's put together some really interesting, edgy pop music. The “edge” makes the pop more interesting, and the “pop” smoothes out the edginess. She's been working tirelessly with producer Pete Hackett on her next album, The Neglected Gambit, still very much a work in progress. I'm also a big fan of Pete's, so this whole thing bodes well. A new sneak preview track found its way to me this past weekend, and I'll debut it on this week's show.

www.maxidunn.info

Finally, tomorrow night is the 100th episode of the Justin Wayne Show here on Recharged Radio. Justin's been consistently making great radio happen, and championing great indie bands since even before Recharged Radio started its grand expansion last year (which led to us two Yanks joining the fold). Tonight is my 33rd show, so if I behave and continue to make good sounds come out of your speakers, I'll someday get to where Justin is. Happy 100th show, Justin! Check it out on Wednesday, 8-10 p.m. GMT here at Recharged Radio!


If you'd like to make a request, just drop me a line at mike(at)rechargedradio.com. If you'd like to become an honorary California citizen, drop me a line at the same address. And if you'd like to hear all this great music—simply tune in to the Tuesday Night Diner, Tuesday night, 8:00-10:00 p.m. (GMT), 12:00-2:00 p.m. Pacific, only at Recharged Radio—www.rechargedradio.com.

This note also appears in the News section on the home page of RechargedRadio.com.

See you then!

Chef Mike
mike(at)rechargedradio.com
MN2BDNC
--------------

With Music From....

The Taters - Right B4 My Eyes
Amanda Abizaid - Wash Me
Model Society - Lux
Allyson Seconds - Tie My Laces
Joe Swidenbank - Crash Course
Soundserif - Brian Adams
Clockwise - Boomtown
Chancellorpink - Muster
Dave Stephens - Alive
Buzz Radio - One Too Many
Ricky Berger - Shmaltz
Black Candy Store - Back To The Wall
Maxi Dunn - The Neglected Gambit
Snow Byrds - Master Of Ceremonies
Mad Tea Party - I Never Was A Cool One
Mark Bacino - Queens English
Kaz Murphy - Hardly Think About That
Man or Mouse - Jackson
Beth Thornley - There's No Way
Baby Scream - Suddenly
Dylan Walshe - Your Belly Not Mine
Splitsville - Pretty People
Nushu - Like The Sun
The Clutter Family - Artist In The Office
Little Guilt Shrine - Exit Flagger
Imani Hekima - Nothing's What It Seems
Laurie Biagini - A Face In The Crowd
Uncle Meat and the Highway Children - Long Gone Mobile
Vegas With Randolph - Above The Blue
Skip Heller - I Used To Love California
The Corner Laughers - The Commonest Manifesto
Kate Burkart - Cross The Street
Sparklejet - Let's Behind That Place
 

No comments:

Post a Comment