Tuesday, April 12, 2011

12.04.11 California Diner - 'Election Time Again!'

Well, not THOSE elections. You know, where the corrupt, evil politicians (the other guys) run against the pure, benevolent public servants (your guys). On the California Diner, we don't do politics. We do music. And food. And bad jokes. And food. And music. (In that order, thank you very much!)

I lived in the Chicago area for ten years, a place known for their, um, inspired electioneering. Any place with a motto of “vote early and often” has got my vote...several of them, in fact! And now I live in the capital city of California, Sacramento. I live among politicians, for crying out loud!

Here at Recharged Radio, we have some rather fun elections. Our friend Pete Renzullo, he of Close to Nowhere fame, has started a feature on his Wednesday show called “That Time Of The Month”. This is where the rest of us Recharged Radio presenters lobby (there's an American political term for you) to have our favorite track of the past month on his short list of five songs to vote for.

And I lobbied hard to have a song by Lindy LaFontaine on the list. She's a great singer-songwriter from Berkeley, California (near San Francisco), who's been captivating me and my listeners with her incredible vocals, set against the backdrop of her dramatic songs. She's a vocalist's vocalist, put quite simply. I've written about her in these pages before. Recently, she won the Twirlie Award for Female Vocalist of the Year on my other radio show. And she's working on an upcoming album. Every song she's sent me, without fail, is a winner.

She sent me an older track, Alizee, and seeing how it captured my imagination this last month, it needed to make this list. And it needs your vote. So go ahead, listen to it on my show, then give her a click on the polling widget on the home page of rechargedradio.com, in the right column. C'mon, let your Chef Mike know that you enjoy what he's been serving up!

You really owe it to yourself to check out Lindy's music, and support this fine artist. Visit her at:
www.lindylafontaine.com


If you'd like to make a request, just drop me a line at mike(at)rechargedradio.com. If you'd like to become an honorary California citizen, drop me a line at the same address. And if you'd like to hear all this great music—simply tune in to the California Diner, Tuesday night, 8:00-10:00 p.m. (GMT), 12:00-2:00 p.m. Pacific, only at Recharged Radio—www.rechargedradio.com.

This note also appears in the News section on the home page of RechargedRadio.com.

See you then!

Chef Mike
mike(at)rechargedradio.com
MN2BDNC

Mad Tea Party - Blues Slip In
Sweet Sweet Concorde - Armadillo Man
Lindy LaFontaine (with KYRO) - Alizee
The Scratch - Homely Crackle
Sound Sessions - Be My Shaper
Rich McCulley - Far From My Angel
Soundserif - John Titor or the Time Traveler
Left Step Band - The Deep End
The Taters - Right B4 My Eyes
The Big I Am - Better Days
Patrick Campbell-Lyons - Sunset City
The Britannicas - Bleed Between The Lines
Laurie Biagini - A Face In The Crowd
Stray Kites - Misanthrope
Chad Neaves - Something In My Soul
Nelson Bragg - Tell Me I'm Wrong
Tina Lie - Twilight Hour
Niteflights - Marnie
Laurie Larson - All Year Long
Last Breath - The Story Ends
Sarah Taylor - The Cure To Everything
Three Hour Tour - Pig in Disguise
Sal Valentino - Looking For You
Boomchick - TGTW
Fortune Dwellers - Al's Song
Maxi Dunn - Don't Look Back
Karim Fanous - Thin Bits
Raistalla - Good Work
Anton Barbeau - Psychedelic Mynde of Moses
Melissa Phillips - No Matter
Rob One - Flames
Jay Fraser - That's How We Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment