Thursday, April 7, 2011

05.07.11 California Diner - 'Independent's Day!'

This week in the States, we celebrated our annual 4th of July Independence Day holiday. And I realized that here on Recharged Radio, it's always Independent's Day! We celebrate the best music by independent artists and labels who struggle to get their great music out there.

And it's working. I swear, I find the best music through such venues as Facebook, ReverbNation, and of course, Tourdates.co.uk. It may be a sign of the times, and a sign of the fragmented media, but I not only couldn't tell you which songs are popular, let alone on the “Top 10” of commercial music, I probably wouldn't even recognize most of the artists.

I could chalk it up to me getting older, but I don't think so. I probably listen to as much music as any teenager or 20-something. Just like you, I want to listen to interesting music that excites me and gets all my senses fired up. So I find indie music—or should I say, it finds me! And that's what's on my MP3 player, and on my radio shows.

So for this Independent's Day holiday, let's celebrate our independence from bad music and bad attitudes. Independence Day may be an American holiday, but Independent's Day is for everyone everwhere who likes great music. And here's a few indie artists whose music we'll be celebrating tonight:

M.A.D.I.S.O.N. - www.reverbnation.com/madisonrockband
The Fuegos - www.thefuegos.co.uk
Adrian Bourgeois - www.adrianbourgeois.com
Jimmy Catlett - www.reverbnation.com/jimmycatlett
Fortune Dwellers - www.reverbnation.com/fortunedwellers

If you'd like to make a request, just drop me a line at mike(at)rechargedradio.com. If you'd like to become an honorary California citizen, drop me a line at the same address. And if you'd like to hear all this great music—simply tune in to the California Diner, Tuesday night, 8:00-10:00 p.m. (GMT), 12:00-2:00 p.m. Pacific, only at Recharged Radio—www.rechargedradio.com.

This note also appears in the News section on the home page of RechargedRadio.com.

See you then!

Chef Mike
mike(at)rechargedradio.com
MN2BDNC

Goodfinger - Sounds Of The City
M.A.D.I.S.O.N. - Try
Maxi Dunn - Weather Warning
The Fuegos - Against the World
Emily Zuzik & Tim Lefebvre - E-Vill
Blake Jones & The Trike Shop - Sun Up
Sparklejet - Let's Behind That Place
Kat Jones - Those Expensive Eyes
Kamp David - Red Hotel
Fortune Dwellers - Al's Song
Joseph Swidenbank - Coming Up For Air
The Corner Laughers - Transamerica Pyramid (Single Mix)
Jimmy Catlett - That River
Sweet Sweet Concorde - Armadillo Man
Dennis Holseybrook - Take Care My Friend
Adrian Bourgeois - Mr. Imaginary Friend
Duncan Faure - Man Of A Thousand Dreams
Mark Bacino - Happy
Dead Town Radio - Flood
Kate Burkart - Cross The Street
Heiskell - The Chubby Guy Song
Baby Scream - Lazy
Laurie Biagini - My Little SUV
Imani Hekima - Nothing's What It Seems
Auditorium - Sunday
Sal Valentino - Lovin' Fallin'
Lannie Flowers - Turn Up Your Radio
Lindy LaFontaine (with KYRO) - Alizee
Maple Mars - Transcendental Guidance
Isaac's Aircraft - My Baby Did Me Wrong
Jay Fraser - That's How We Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment