Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10.01.12 California Diner - 'Hello 2012!'

The last year on the Mayan calendar, 2012, is here! Doom and gloom, you say? No way! You just need to take a minute, and think logically about the rest of the story. Let’s see, the great and mighty Mayan civilization flourished a very long time ago, in what we moderns refer to as “ancient history”. They created this calendar on a stone tablet, which was supposed to last for 5,126 years. Guess what? The last date on this rather heavy day planner is December 21, 2012. So if you haven’t gone digital, and you’re still using a day planner, what do you do when your calendar is about to run out? You simply run to the stationery store and buy the next one. So I went to my nearby Mayan stationery store, and picked up the refill. Well, I didn’t really pick it up--as heavy as it was, I rolled it home. But the good news is that after December 21st, we’ve got another 5,126 years until we have to buy the next refill. (But just in case we don’t, I’m pre-recording my January 2013 shows!) Okay, that tells me I’d better stick to what I know! I’m excited that we’re embarking upon another new year, and that means more great music is coming your way. We’ll hear some old and new, as this time of year usually has me looking in both directions. We’ll reach into the vaults and pull out a gem from Maxi Dunn’s debut album that we haven’t spun in a while. Something from amazing Canadian vocalist/songwriter Rose Reiter that came out over a decade ago, and sounds fresher than ever. And as for new? Well, brand new tracks from Skip Heller and Bud Rogers. Your last chance to vote for a certain Whiskey Saints song for Pete Renzullo’s “That Time Of The Month” competition. maxidunn.info rosereiter.com skipheller.com reverbnation.com/budrogers thewhiskeysaints.com Oh--and just one more thing--but it’s a biggie. I am pleased to announce that starting this week, I will be sharing my Tuesday night airwaves with a BRAND NEW show! It’ll come on at 10:00 p.m. GMT, and it’s called Sound of the Suburbs. And not only that, but it’s hosted by: Andy Scratch and John “Vintage” Viney of THE SCRATCH! Yep--the wild D.I.Y. guys from Hertfordshire. And their mission is to play only three kinds of music: old, new, and future! So yeah, basically no rules. We can dig this. 4 hours of musical anarchy on Tuesday nights. No grownups in the room! And I’m so pleased and excited to be opening for these guys, I just can’t stand it! Give them a warm Recharged Radio welcome, will ya? thescratch.co.uk If you'd like to make a request, just drop me a line at mike(at)rechargedradio.com. If you'd like to become an honorary California citizen, drop me a line at the same address. And if you'd like to hear all this great music—simply tune in to the California Diner, Tuesday night, 8:00-10:00 p.m. (GMT), 12:00-2:00 p.m. Pacific, only at Recharged Radio—www.rechargedradio.com. See you then! Chef Mike mike(at)rechargedradio.com MN2BDNC Maxi Dunn - How Was I To Know? Skip Heller - Fools Like Me The Fuegos - Against The World Sexfresh - Love Ration Karim Fanous - Thin Bits Agony Aunts - Me Being Maximum M.A.D.I.S.O.N. - If You Want Me To Anton Barbeau - MTV Song Tom Alford - Yes It's You The Handcuffs - Baby I Love You Vinnie Zummo - John Lennon Bud Rogers - Slave To Passion Nushu - Another Rainy Weekend Duncan Faure - Nightfall Rose Reiter - Where You Are Nelson Bragg - Tell Me I'm Wrong Hail The Size - I Can't Die In L.A. Braam - Way Away Brave Chandeliers - Madmen Laurie Biagini - My Little SUV The Whiskey Saints - Every Little Thing The Smith Bros - Kerrie Anne The Big I Am - Better Days The Decibels - That's When Happiness Began Baby Scream - Hit And Run Auditorium - I'm the Enforcer Soundserif - John Titor or the Time Traveler Lindy LaFontaine - Free To Breathe Sweet Sweet Concorde - Armadillo Man Peter Mayer - The Marrying Kind Rich McCulley - Far From My Angel Sarah Stanley - When I Lose My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment