Tuesday, November 15, 2011

15.11.11 California Diner - '100th Show!'

I can’t believe it, but the California Diner has been on the air at Recharged Radio for two full years! This week, we celebrate show #100! So how do you celebrate 100 of anything? I can’t very well have a cake with 100 candles on it--the fire marshal would be here in a second with a pickaxe, firehose, and a citation. How about every listener send me 100 US dollars? Nah, although that does sound pretty nice. What if I play 100 songs during this show! Yeah, now you’re talking! But my show would have to go about 6 or 7 hours, and Jordan would wring my neck for going over the allotted 2 hours. Luckily, I’ve got friends. And a whole bunch of them are going to help me celebrate. We’re going to hear from several of my musician and radio friends from both sides of the Atlantic, as well as a publisher of a Canadian online music magazine. Not only that--but we’ll hear a couple of WORLD RADIO PREMIERE tracks! That’s right--we’ll sample a new song from Bud Rogers (of Joe Swidenbank’s band), based in London, UK. His style reminds me of straight-up 1990’s alternative--the good kind, if you know what I mean. We’ll also hear a song from Los Angeles-based Skip Heller--you may remember him as our guest two weeks ago. His style is Country/Rockabilly/Americana, and he’s agreed to open the vault door just a crack. Best part--these two songs are from forthcoming albums--and their first airplay happens this week, on Recharged Radio’s California Diner! So all in all, a special show. But it wouldn’t have been possible without my London (and Australia, and Azores) family at Recharged Radio. My very special thanks to our head honcho, Jordan Thomas, for taking a chance on adding a Yank to his fledgling station back in 2009. And not just any Yank, but a dude from California--the most dodgy kind of all! It’s been an honour (note the proper British spelling) to do 200 hours of radio at Recharged. This is the station that cares about the music first and foremost, and I’m looking forward to where the ride takes us next! If you'd like to make a request, just drop me a line at mike(at)rechargedradio.com. If you'd like to become an honorary California citizen, drop me a line at the same address. And if you'd like to hear all this great music—simply tune in to the California Diner, Tuesday night, 8:00-10:00 p.m. (GMT), 12:00-2:00 p.m. Pacific, only at Recharged Radio—www.rechargedradio.com. This note also appears in the News section on the home page of RechargedRadio.com. See you then! Chef Mike mike(at)rechargedradio.com MN2BDNC Terese Taylor - I'm Here Bud Rogers - Santa Monica Sunshine Maxi Dunn - Why Do I Want You? Message from Rob One of Recharged Radio Rob One - African The Scratch - Alcohol's A Depressant Rose Reiter - Wherever Message from Hillary Burton of Nushu Nushu - Here's To Feeling Free Kamp David - Red Hotel The Taters - Spend a Little Time With Me Message from Sound Sessions Sound Sessions - Be My Shaper The Big I Am - Banging on the Wall Message from Laurie Biagini Laurie Biagini - Gonna Do It My Way Message from Peter Mayer Peter Mayer - Where My House Used To Stand Lindy LaFontaine (with KYRO) - Alizee Message from Skip Heller Skip Heller - Let's Stay Home Message from Jim Distortion of Recharged Radio The Whiskey Saints - Before My Time Message from Laurie Larson Laurie Larson - Redefining Home Message from Joe Montague of Riveting Riffs Magazine Sarah Taylor - Easy To Forget Message from Eric Kern and John Ratts of Vegas With Randolph Vegas With Randolph - The Better Part Mad Mush - Silent Snowfall Message from Gidget Bates of Woody Radio Throwback Suburbia - Asking Why Message from Claire and Gerard of Note To Self: Don’t Die! Note To Self: Don't Die! - Hell Message from Miami Dan Yoe Miami Dan and the Hayes Street Band - Star Of The Beach Message from Eric Cocks of WPKN Radio June & The Exit Wounds - Cathy Dennis The Handcuffs - Miss You on Tuesday Message from Suzanne Benorden of Boomchick Boomchick - Joyland The Corner Laughers - Stonewords Message from Lannie Flowers Lannie Flowers - Turn Up Your Radio Baby Scream - Powerpop Crush

No comments:

Post a Comment