Thursday, December 10, 2009

08.12.09 The Tuesday Night Diner - 'Freezing in Cali!'

Wow--it`s snowing in Sacramento, California! Really--well, not where I live, but in certain parts of town. Unbelievable--that`s the first time in 33 years. Here where I live, it`s kind of a bummer to be this cold and NOT snow--all we got is really cold water.

Why am I telling you this? Hmmm...I guess this is the blog equivalent of making small talk.

So good evening! This week`s Tuesday Night Diner is chock full of musical goodness from all over the English-speaking world--and even parts of the Spanish-speaking world! We`ll be featuring bands from Argentina, California, and the UK. Domus hails from Argentina, and, well, they`re pretty cool--lots of lively, tasteful, Argentinian acoustic guitar licks. Terese Taylor hails from San Francisco, and sounds a little like early Liz Phair, but without all that "men are evil and they done me wrong" vibe. And Maxi Dunn sends some holiday sweetness our way--in her wistful way.

30 tracks, I tell you. 30 tracks! I`ve squeezed so much music into this show, it`s going to pop if you don`t listen to it. But don`t let that happen--join me on the Tuesday Night Diner--8:00-10:00 p.m. It`d be a shame to waste all this musical goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment